Wednesday, May 13, 2009

FDA Expected To Rule On Mercury Dental Amalgams

I'm so glad that I don't have mercury fillings in my mouth anymore. Unfortunately, I've got a mouthful of crowns, and precious little left of my natural teeth. I ran across this press release, and thought you'd be happy to know that the FDA is expected to rule on mercury-containing dental amalgams, "Resolution to Study Phase Out of Mercury Tooth Dental Fillings Receives 16% of Vote at Danaher Shareholder Meeting." The press release states, "Some-time in late July, the Food and Drug Administration is expected to rule on the use of mercury amalgam. The Consumers for Dental Choice won a 10-year battle with the FDA to comply with the law and set a date to classify mercury amalgam." 


1 comment:

Tom Cosentino said...

Those reading this article might be interested in hearing more on this subject this Friday, May 15 at 11 am ET on my blogtalk show: www.blogtalkradio.com/innovativemediapr. My guest will be Charles G. Brown, Counsel for Consumers for Dental Choice.

Consumers for Dental Choice has been actively leading the fight to eradicate the use of mercury amalgam in dental fillings. The FDA will issue a classification ruling on mercury in late July. We'll talk with Brown about how his organization, since 1996, has championed this fight to eliminate this toxin from being used in dental care.

From SkillsPlus International Inc.